In 2013, DNR's Urban and Community Forestry Program is partnering with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service Urban and Community Forestry Program to offer Tree City USA Tree Planting Grants. We are excited to announce the availability of $100,000.00 for tree planting projects in 2013 for our Tree City USA communities. All projects must be completed by December 31, 2013. You can apply for up to $10,000 for trees to be planted in your community to enhance your urban forest.
Applications will be reviewed on the last business day of each month, starting on March 29th.
Community Forestry Assistance Grants Funded in 2013
2013 Grant Timeline
- April 2013 - Sign contract and begin work
- November 1, 2013 - Mid-reports due
- May 30, 2014 -Grant project expires
- June 30, 2014 - Grant final report and final invoices due
Community Forestry Assistance Grants funded in 2012
2012 Grant Timeline
- May 31, 2013 - Grant project expires
- June 30, 2013 - Grant final report and final invoices due
Agreements for new grantees will be distributed within a month of receiving your award. Please read through your agreements carefully. These agreements will be effective upon the signature of the DNR Resource Protection Division Manager's signature. If there are any questions or additions that need to be made, please contact us.
We ask that grantees submit invoices no more than 4 times during the period of performance. When invoicing DNR, please be sure to include:
- A brief update of the project with backup documentation and pictures, if available
- Submit an invoice from the city with an original signature
- Attach copies of receipts/invoices from consultants, contractors, and other vendors for which you are requesting reimbursement
When sending in your final reimbursements, please remember to include the following:
- The final report of the project with backup documentation and pictures, if available
- An invoice from the city with an original signature
- Copies of receipts/invoices from consultants, contractors, and other vendors for which you are requesting reimbursement
- A final budget based on actual expenditures. You must show Grant share, Applicant, In-Kind, and Cash Donation columns
- Complete Grantee Match Summary sheet; this represents all of the Grantee's share (the match)
- Retain documentation in your files for auditing purposes
- All 2012 projects are due May 31st, 2013
All printed materials, signs, and other products, including websites resulting from this grant, need to be reviewed by DNR prior to publishing. These materials also will need to include:
- Acknowledgement to funding sources, which can be recognized as follows: "Funds for this project were provided by the USDA Forest Service administered through the Washington State Department of Natural Resources."
Note: If you choose to use logos with the above statements, you must use both the DNR and USFS logos.
For further information, please contact Grant Coordinator Nicki Eisfeldt at (360) 902-1330 or firstname.lastname@example.org