New Business Opportunities in Forest Products
If you are a prospective purchaser of forest product, this is where you will find new opportunities that may be of interest to you. We will offer prospects to purchasers as we test new forest products, ways of streamlining our marketing to you, and more. Highlighted in this section will be newly identified products, marketing enhancements, or improved equipment that is being incorporated into our operations.
As manager of these state trust lands, we at the state Department of Natural Resources always seek to develop new methods of doing business and finding better ways to generate revenue for the state’s schools and universities and other trust beneficiaries.
Changing our practices can improve efficiencies and reduce our costs, and reduce risks to our business partners, too. We constantly re-evaluate ways to do business including surveying customers to find out what services and products they want and need. Check this site regularly to find out what’s new.
Changing Opportunities for Purchasers
Some examples of how opportunities have changed:
- Creating a Product Sales Viewing Tool to enable purchasers to view timber sale maps on their mobile devices.
- Adding house logs to our product sales options.
- Adding a query tool so purchasers can easily find the products they want.
- Contracting to provide support services for the timber sales program.
- Providing new data that will help purchasers anticipate and plan their business strategies.
- Currently engaging in discussions with entrepreneurs about biofuels market for potential sources of wood debris and other emerging forest product business opportunities.
- Providing specialized forest product opportunities such as bough and brush harvesting.